The Lynx Gaming Sharing System (LGSS) was developed by Harry Dodgson. This system allowed a game cartridge to be shared between multiple Lynx systems via a ComLynx connection. Specifications for LGSS have been published in the past but are not longer available.
To get LGSS to work, a game that supported it was required, then in addition a special LGSS cartridge was also required on every other Lynx system that was connected via ComLynx and wanted to share the game. Here is how it worked:
- Turn on the Lynx console with an LGSS compatible game cartridge
- Turn on the second Lynx console with an LGSS cartridge
- Wait until both cartridges have booted
- Connect both Lynx consoles via ComLynx
- Follow in-game directions to transfer the LGSS compatible game over ComLynx to the second Lynx
- The second Lynx can now play the game that was transferred to it
The only game that supported LGSS was a homebrew title, Lynx Othello.